Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Canada, Eh?

Beautiful Vancouver. I could think of worse places to have to go for a Business Trip. I ended up in Vancouver last week for Broadband World Forum Americas Conference being held in the Canada Place Convention Center on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. It ended up being a fantastic conference with many new contacts made.

Since I had never been to Vancouver (or Canada for that matter) before, I went early and spent the weekend exploring. On Saturday (the only rainy day I was there), I explored the city by foot. I explored Gastown, the West End, and Downtown by foot, thoughoughly enjoying myself. I even ran into the filming of a movie. The movie is called "Good Luck Chuck" starring Jessica Alba. I actually saw 2 different scenes being filmed in two locations that day.

Then on Sunday, I rented a car and drove north on the "Sea to Sky Highway" towards Whistler, which is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are going to be held. Along the way, I stopped at multiple places, including the Capilano Swinging Bridge (think of it as a Nature Lovers Theme Park), having lunch in beautiful Lions Bay (who apparently have a couger problem), and did the mine tour at the largest underground mine in the British Empire in Britannia.











No comments: