Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Shouldn't Ask Too Many Questions



I think I picked the most talkative and ugliest Santa in town. First - no big red coat. Just overalls and a printed shirt. I guess he was going for the California look. But after I'd talked up the big guy all morning to the kiddo I couldn't very well say, "there he is, but he won't make a good picture so lets go see another one". I mean, we went to the Stanford mall and are standing across from Neiman Marcus and Burberry - get a red coat already....

And I thought they learned in school that Santa's don't get into specifics. Ask two questions and leave it at at. Have you been good and what do you want. Perhaps he wasn't expecting an answer from a two year old but when my kid says he wants a dump truck - let's leave it at that - ok. Don't ask what color! I had already told Santa to bring Johnathan a BLUE dump truck and now Santa has confirmed that it is a brown dump truck that is on the list! ARGH!

Other than that - he was great. The even read a book together. Though as much as Johnathan wants to like candy canes, he just doesn't. He's tried 3 this year but can't get past the first few tastes.

No comments: