
Yes, on Wednesday night this week, we decided to go to Yosemite, so we hopped online and got some quick reservations at housekeeping Camp. In usual Strickland fashion, we had the usual Yosemite car trouble driving up on Friday night. This time the air conditioner drainage got backed up leaving Amanda with wet feet in the front seat. Once we figured out what the problem was, we pressed on none the worse for the wear.


On Saturday, I spent the first half of the day hiking along the south rim of the valley. Nothing too strenuous, but I hiked to the top of Sentinal Dome, then hiked along the rim and across the top of Sentinal Falls (dry this time of year) until I reached Taft Point and the Fissures. When I got back, Amanda and I hopped into the car and drove up to Tualamne Meadows. Neither of us had been to Tioga Pass before, and I do believe that the next time we head this way, we are going to avoid the valley completely and come straight here!

No comments:
Post a Comment