Friday, April 04, 2008

This Week's Thoughts on Parenting










Birthday Parties (Part 1)
April marks what appears to be the unofficial birthday party month in our playgroup. Apparently all the kids that Johnathan plays with a lot were born in April (and more importantly, all the moms I really like). So we're making the circuit. At this week's party, he hugged and kissed every single mom there. I had so many offers to babysit.

Birthday Parties (Part 2)
Since we obviously can't attend every party (since that would get expensive) we try to hit the ones with the kids he plays with the most. Except for one. We got the invite...very professional, rented out a community center, has a list of activities starting at a certain time...you get the drift. We're totally going just cause I want to....I'm just curious more than anything. I mean really, the kids are turning 1. They are happy if they get Cheerios.

Balloons
Why do I like shopping at Trader Joes? Aside from the selection and prices - they give free balloons and my kid will spend all afternoon playing with a free balloon and things it's the greatest thing in the world.

Oops...
Husband: Honey, come here....do you notice anything with the kiddo?
Me: huh? Ohmygosh....laughter ensues...
More laughter...grab the camera...

So, as we were leaving a playdate, I quickly changed the diaper on a squirmy kid who didn't want to have his diaper changed and I didn't quite get all the snaps done on the overalls. No worries I thought....he's headed to bed in less than 2 hours.

The diaper literally came off and dropped out of his overalls. Oops...thank goodness there were no packages in there for us! (look closely at the picture with the door)

No comments: