Thursday, January 08, 2009

No More Overalls for a While

He's going to hate me one day for this...but I'm so very very proud of him...because HE POOPED ON THE POTTY!

I was shocked, especially since we're not potty training. We were waiting until closer to age 2 and when it was warm outside and he could run around bare bottomed. But I had started seeing signs that he was interested just before Christmas and had gone ahead and bought the potty and it was just collecting dust in the bathroom.

Until today...as we were about to go do our nap routine, he ran to his bedroom door and said "potty, potty". Ok, I'll play along I thought. So I went through the motions and we sat on the potty. But unlike any other time he's ever sat on the potty and then jumped up. He kept sitting there. Whenever he would try to get up or get figidity, I'd ask if he was done and was ready for his diaper and I got a very firm NO. So we sat and sat. I was really thinking that he had figured out the ultimate nap-stalling technique. And then he pooped. I was so proud. I think I got more emotional than when he took his first steps. I could tell he was so proud of himself.

Now if I only knew what to do next.

No comments: