Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Day At the Theather


Thomas and Friends Live on Stage!!! It's every child's dream. Thomas comes to life just for me (and the 1,000 other screaming kids in the auditorium). He's real. His friends are there too! And he's on stage right in front of me (or if I crane my neck from way back here in the last row).

Now before you ask if we were nuts for taking our less-than-two-year-old to a live show or if we were too cheap to get the little fellow better seats, let me explain. They were free tickets that I won off a web site. So, for the $5 fee to park, we figured, what the heck. If he lasts 30 minutes, we'd consider it a successful trip. He lasted 45 before we decided that the people who had actually shelled out $50 a ticket to see large plastic train go in circles on a stage shouldn't have to see our kid meltdown, so we left before he got too fussy.

Had Thomas actually been onstage for more than 10 minutes of the 45 minutes we managed to stay, I think he would have lasted longer. We just needed more Thomas (and more of those fruit gel things I was using to buy just a few more minutes of time). We stopped at In-and-Out on the way home and had a lovely lunch. Sadly, I think the less-than-two-dollar sandwich and the free water with bendy straw was more enjoyable for the kiddo.

The funniest part is that the auditorium seats that automatically fold up weren't built for a lightweight kid and he couldn't sit in the seat without it flipping up and turning him into a human taco. He thought that was hilarious.

No comments: