Time and Space...
Time:
Johnathan somewhatly understands the concept of time. We can tell him that he's going to do something tomorrow and he understands. Or we can tell him we will come back to the park later and he will leave a little more willingly. However, if you tell him something will happen at another time, you better be ready to deliver. This week, I told him we were going to a birthday party after his nap (a good long sleep). As I walked into his room he asked "Good nap?" and I said yes. Then he said "Go to birthday party now". And we did.
Space:
Though his execution leaves a little to be desired he's understanding that in some places we need to act a certain way. He told me this week, we needed to be quiet in the library and whenever he goes into a restaurant, he tells me (very loudly) that he needs to be quiet. We're still learning.
The pictures are from this weekend's park adventures. We stumbled across a playground complete with carosoul, train, and snack stand. A good time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment