For several months now, a good friend has been going through some medical challenges and has been blogging about it. I’ve been in awe of her ability to be so candid to a virtual world but now I think I understand it a bit more. When I talk with her or email, we discuss everyday events and don’t dwell on the less than positive. I’m hoping this post will do the same. This is not something that Ben and I want to discuss. We know you care about us and are thinking of us. We hope you’ll respect our decision.
About 8 weeks ago, Ben and I learned we were pregnant and about a week ago we learned I would miscarry.
In a very fortunate scheduling of events, we had previously planned a trip up north on the coast near Mendocino for the few days. It was originally meant to be a vacation for Ben but instead turned into more of a healing place for me while we waited for test results to confirm what we already knew. The ocean calms us both and we couldn’t have asked for a better retreat from reality.
I’m still scared and saddened and am keeping a box of tissues close to my glass of wine. But we’ll get through it. We have so many other things to be thankful for.