Yep - this post is about me because sometimes it needs to be about me. I'm proud of me. Earlier this week, I loaded up the car with a 4 month old infant, preschooler and a dog and drove by myself 4 hours to see the family. And then yesterday, I reloaded the car and drove 4 hours back. Just me.
And you know what - it wasn't that bad. If I wasn't fighting a cold it might have been pleasant.
There is a conveniently placed McDonalds exactly halfway, which provided a nice snack break - since Matthew can't go 4 hours without eating yet. And Johnathan's headbuds (aka earbuds) combined with 3.5 hours of kiddie books on tape kept him entertained. Thank goodness for rear entertainment.
I did my first solo trip with Johnathan when he was 9 months that involved a 6 hour flight and then a 6 hour drive. Now that was nuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment