
Amanda and I spent the holidays back home in NC and had a fantastic time. We got to sepnd time visiting with family and friends and otherwise gourging ourselves silly with all kinds of good food. But our last day there, I came down with what i thought was a bad cold. So after a very miserable flight across the country back to NC with my health steadily declining, we landed in one of the heaviest rains I have ever seen back in Oakland, CA. The drive home to Fremont was extremeley stressful as the interstate was flooding and cars were spinning out left and right. But eventually we made it home and collapsed into bed.
The next morning I woke up with a 101.5 fever and felt awful. Turns out I had the flu.... so let me apologize in advance to all of those out there I probably infected. And the rains have kept coming. As of 2Pm on Monday, we have about 3 inches of standing water covering most of our back yard and it will still rain for few more hours. If we actually owned this house, I would be getting worried about now.
I'm feeling better now, but it meant I had to give up my tickets to the 49ers-Texans game on Sunday (aka the Reggie Bush Bowl). :(
No comments:
Post a Comment