
So, I have good news. I'm finally feeling better after my bout with the "California Crud" flu that Everybody has been getting around here. My sincerest apologies to those of you in NC who I managed to spread this to.
In other good news, we had a long weekend this week for MLK day. This is the first time Cisco has ever given this day off (we usually get President's day instead), so Amanda and I were able to use the time to get in some outdoor activities. It rained most of the day on Saturday, but Sunday was one of the clearest days Ive ever seen and Monday was hazy, but nice.
So on Sunday, bright and early, Amanda and I took off and did a nice long bike ride around Foster City on the Peninsula. The bike path followed the Bay for about 4 miles and then turned inland following the Belmont Slough for another 8 miles or so. It was a great day for a ride with spectacular views of SF, Oakland, and
the Bay Bridge. The trail also went underneath the San Mateo bridge which was quite interesting. Afterwards, we settled down and watched the Panthers beat up on the Chicago Bear Cubs. What a game!!On Monday, I had the day off for MLK day, but unfortunately, Amanda had to work. So Mercy and I took off for Wildcat Canyon Regional Park, located between Oakland and Richmond. It was a very varied hike. We started off by climbing up onto the grassy mountains and reached an elevation of about 1,300 feet. Not nearly as high as Mission Peak which we did earlier, but afforded spectacular views of San Francisco, the SF Bay,
San Pablo Bay and Carquinas all in the same view. Unfortunately it was quite hazy, so it wasnt as great as it could have been. Then we decended into a canyon and followed a creek back to the car. All I can say is once we got into theeucalyptus forests around the creeks, I got into some of the deepest mud I have ever seen. Almost lost my new hiking boots. But Mercy thought it was great fun! The last stop we had to make was by the Doggie Wash so we could get her cleaned up.
Anyway, thats it for this week....
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you are well and out on more adventures in the Bay Area. The bike trail sounds great, I wish we had similar ones around here. We picked up a Canon MP500 printer/scanner Wed while in WS to see the WFU - Ga Tech game. Keep the updates flowing and have fun.
e3
Post a Comment