Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day Weekend Misadventures


On the surface, it would appear to have been a bad first Father's day weekend:
We had had a dead battery at midnight Friday night.
I was chased by a butcher on Saturday.
Johnathan didn't sleep but 3 hours Sunday night - we found out Monday that he has pink eye (he's going to be fine).
And on Monday we learned Mercy is wanted by the Fremont Police (or will be soon).

But there were some silver linings:
We had a dead battery at midnight because we were at a drive in movie (perfect for infants). We managed to have dinner (at the Falafel Drive in) and a movie with the kid in tow with no issues from him at all! Almost a date night.

I finally went to the grocery store for the first time in ages! I was liberated! Then the butcher chased me down with a prime rib (not mine). I've been looking at the store for a prime rib for months but everyone told me they were only available at holidays but this store had them and I had him cut me one. It was a great Saturday dinner (and the kid played in his bouncer throughout the whole meal).

We didn't sleep much on Sunday night. Johnathan was clearly not feeling well, but we don't speak his language so the best we could do was wear holes in the carpet walking the household circuit. By Monday morning, his eyes were yellow and gooey and by Monday afternoon we were at the dr. Pink eye - which I'm told is common. He's on antibiotics now and appears to be sleeping it off. Apparently when he doesn't feel well, he likes to sleep. Ben and I are just waiting to catch it from him.

Also on Monday we got a notice from the police that we have 30 days to have Mercy licensed or she's gone. No one ever told us of this Fremont law. Apparently our new vet is more diligent than our last. Can't really find a silver lining in this one. We're just out 30 bucks.

(Mother's day was definately better)!

No comments: