Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!


Nope, this is not Ben. Meet Joe. Now you're wondering: "Why does Joe get to be the only photo on Father's Day weekend? Shouldn't this be Ben?"

In our house Father's day (and mother's day) means - get the heck out of dodge. That's right. You get the day off to do and go wherever you please. So as soon as Ben got up, after the requite homemade pecan waffles, he took the camera and left to spend the day showing off the Bay area with an old college friend who just happened to be in town this weekend, only to return shortly before dinner (and more importantly, the kiddo's bedtime). I was hoping that he would have taken a photo of himself in one of the many locations they went to today. But since he didn't....

He more than deserved it. Many of the moms I talk to tell stories of husbands who don't change diapers, refuse to get up in the middle of the night with the kid, and veg out every weekend by themselves playing video games. I have to bite my tongue to keep from gushing about my husband. So happy father's day to the guy who will get up at 4 am to hunt for the pacifier, changes even the stinkiest diaper and arranges father son weekend outings so I can get a few moments peace in my house.

No comments: