Monday, November 09, 2009

Dear Santa...



Dear Santa,

I think I've finally figured you out this year! Let me see if I've got this, I ask for new toys and your special elf brings them to me on December 18th while I'm asleep. So cool!

But I don't want you to confuse me with all those other adorable, well behaved, very nice boys who have done nothing naughty all year. So here's your reminder of what I'm into.

The Wheels on the .... Go Round and Round
One night when they thought I was asleep, I overheard mommy and daddy say that they are going to get me a wooden train set! And Santa, I'm sure they will get me my three favorite engines like Thomas, Percy and James to go with it but come on...train sets aren't fun unless you have bridges and tunnels and hills and lots of track pieces and MOST importantly lots and lots of trains. Engines and freight cars...oooooo.

And Santa, thanks for making all those wooden train sets interchangeable so trains or tracks for any wooden set will do (Brio, Melissa and Doug, Imaginarium, Thomas). Though, if you go the Thomas route, I know it can be really confusing when sorting through all those blue Thomas boxes so don't forget to look in the upper left corner of the package and make sure it says Wooden Railway series.

While I'm very excited about my trains, I still love my cars. Small, matchbox-sized ones preferably - especially funky ones. I've got one car wash and ramp but wouldn't mind having something else to play with my cars - then just maybe I'd take them off mommy's coffee table and let her use it again. I And I love Cars the movie and though I have most of those cars already, I like all kinds of stuff with Lightening McQueen on it (he's the red one - like you!).

It's All in My Head
Santa, do you ever make up stories and pretend? Sometimes, you can put on a funny hat and be a fireman. Or use household items to hold a puppet show. Or act out a scene using small dinosaurs and farmyard animals. Or make believe you're daddy and work in the yard. Here's the thing Santa, I really like to pretend and role play and make up stories. So let your imagination (and all those ads they are shoving in your face this time of year) be your guide.

Color Me a Rainbow
I still love a good art project and all the little fun things to go with it. Funky paintbrushes, fun crayons, playdough etc. But do not bring me anything called floam. If you do, we're doing it at your house - mommy says so.

Oh, ABC...Easy as 123...
Who doesn't love a good book. I've got lots of Dr. Seuss but I love all sorts of books. Paperback and hardback - no board books though. A good rhyme still draws me in the best but I'll sit for any good story, especially those about animals, dinosaurs, bugs and being outdoors, and doing everyday type things. But no monster books - even friendly monster books. I don't like to even hear the "M" word.

You Feeling Lucky...
I'm almost old enough to play games! I'm actually getting pretty good at Hungry Hungry Hippos and Candyland at home - especially when we play by my rules. Simple games are fun, nothing too hard yet.

Playing Dress Up
Santa, unless you're really good at getting gift receipts, don't even try to buy me clothes. You usually have excellent taste but I've heard my mom use words I'm not allowed to say when she goes shopping for me since nothing ever seems to fit. And while I can usually wear a 3T shirt (not always though), pants are near about impossible. If you just really want to get me pants though, get a 2T with an adjustable waist or with belt loops.

You know Santa, these are just ideas. I always love anything you bring me. But just remember, if you don't bring it on the 18th, make sure it's pretty packable - have you SEEN the checked luggage fees on airlines lately? Good thing you've got that sleigh.

Merry "battery-free" Christmas,
Johnathan

No comments: