Saturday, November 28, 2009

Month 30 - Two and a half years old!



At two and half, we're really starting to see Johnathan's personality come out - or rather bits and pieces of our own personality come out in him. Its scary sometimes.

I was a bossy kid. There are pictures from dance recitals from when I was 5 with me confidently standing in front showing all the other kids what to do. No fear. In corporate life I was called pushy and aggressive. While those qualities don't entirely make up the demure southern woman, I still think they served me well and I'd take them over fearful and shy any day. So, I'm not entirely upset that I have a little leader on my hands.

Johnathan likes to direct and mastermind his playtime. You roll this car, this way to this spot. You will play with this shovel and this bucket while I play with this shovel - not the rake. My little leader needs to learn that sometimes gaining consensus from others can be a good thing.

Quote of the month "Mercy, come inside RIGHT NOW, or I'm going to put you in timeout"

As for Ben, he likes to be right. Or he likes to for you to think that of course he knew the answer. So we're beginning to see Johnathan walk around saying "Oh, that's right".

No comments: