Sunday, September 12, 2010

One Nutty Summer



When last you heard from us - we were trying to get our furniture. I'm shocked and amazed but we actually do have it all, in reasonable condition and mostly unpacked but it was undoubtedly the worst move we've ever made. To sum it up - we had less than 12 hours notice, they were 7 hours late, mean and nasty, and at one point tried to tell me I hadn't paid - I threatened to call the police. Even thinking about it makes me have contractions.

Speaking of contractions...
Stick a fork in me cause I'm done. As of today, I'm one day past 35 weeks. They have me scheduled to deliver on Oct 11 but I don't think I'll make it that far. Thankfully, this child has been amazing. He lets me eat. Lets me sleep. He has however settled on my lungs which gives me about enough energy to walk up one flight of stairs before I have to sit down for exhaustion. One thing I have learned - I should have screened the baby books I was reading to Johnathan. In one of our books, the kid tells his mom that her belly is huge. Johnathan has now taken to telling me daily that my tummy is huge. Thanks kiddo.

Speaking of Johnathan...
Talk about a change. Shortly after moving into the new house and getting settled, his very vivid imagination got the best of him. If you believed him, this house is haunted and scary noises and "things" live around every corner. They come out during the day and at night. We had a couple of rough weeks where no one got much sleep.

Granted the kid has had his world turned upside down a few times this summer but I think we've worked through the worst of it. Our very outgoing child is however still afraid of adults. Not sure why...

He has started school and I don't know where I'd be without 3 wonderful mornings of preschool every week. After a rough start to Open House Day where he suddenly refused to go in the door - the same door that he ran through just 3 weeks earlier for camp - he now happily waves me off when I drop him off.

If you're wondering about Ben - he decided that now would be the best time to surprise me and shave his head. Enough said.

No comments: