Last we saw it, it was being loaded into an Atlas moving van. They promised to deliver the goods if we paid the ransom. We paid and they changed the stakes. They said, we'll bring it when we feel like it. If we're lucky, we'll see it in two more weeks.
In the meantime, we had been living in substandard conditions. Imagine - a heat wave in the south, 7 months pregnant and NO AIR CONDITIONING. It was torture. And worse - I was stuck at home waiting on a repair man for a house that wasn't even mine! I'm done I said - I'd rather sleep on the floor of my new house - which we kinda are.
But we got lucky - the previous owners left a few thing....a couple of couches, 2 twin beds, a TV and a tiny wicker table. I'm sleeping on the extra set of Thomas the train sheets we brought for Johnathan - I only hope he doesn't have an accident one night and need them. We eat on the wicker table on the porch for all our meals while sitting in rocking chairs - we eat lunch quick cause its hot outside. Ben sleeps on the couch and uses the other wicker chair as his office chair.
As for eating, I think my camping supplies have more packed in them than my kitchen but they too are part of our hostage crisis. I've got a pot, pan, 2 knives, a bowl, spatula, spoon, and small baking pan. We're being environmentally unfriendly and are using plastic for all our utensils, cups and plate needs.
We're surviving. But I sure am ready for Atlas to pull up and release the goods. And for the biggest irony - the air conditioning man shows up on Monday to fix the upstairs AC.
1 comment:
That sucks! Hope they do arrive soon with your stuff. I also hope they give you some sort of refund for being so delinquent with their delivery.
Post a Comment