Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleeping Like a Baby


I haven't wanted to jinx myself so I haven't wanted to blog but....the universe has been kind to us. We got one of those rare finds, something that I didn't think existed. Sure there were some moms that talked of these creatures but I just secretly thought they had an army of nannies hidden in a back room somewhere. We got....an easy baby.

Let me define easy, cause newborns aren't actually easy but if I compare to what it was like last time - this is a breeze. He still poops and pees a lot and requires a trip to the store what seems like every other day to get more diapers. He still feeds every 2-3 hours (maybe 3.5 at night) but goes back to sleep immediately.

Apparently though Matthew has been going back to sleep so fast because he's been working hard. He's spent his first two weeks growing - a lot. Nearly 2 inches! At his 2 week appointment he was 7 lbs 6 oz and was 21.5 inches - 2 inches bigger than he was at his first appointment!

No comments: