The assignment: Go on a leaf hunt walk with your child and put what you find in the bag sent home and return on Friday.
This is the note I'm sending along with a bag of construction paper leaves:
Ms. Simmons - Unfortunately we don't have a bag of leaves from outside. We are having a fence installed and Johnathan has been afraid to go outside with all of the noise and machines. So we compromised with some homemade leaves.
This is the note I wanted to send:
Ms. Simmons - could you perhaps have picked a week that it wasn't either freezing cold or raining to do the leaf walk. Moreover, some of us live at the beach and unless you want a palm frond it takes more than walking out onto our driveway to actually find a leaf. And since I'm barely able to find time to get a shower and its been two days since I've even walked down driveway to get the mail, finding time to go on this hike just wasn't going to happen - especially since we spent Tuesday at the doctor's office with a sick baby. So here's some cut out leaves that he made because I felt he needed to do what was asked.
Yeah - I realize she's just asking me to take my kid on a walk. But that takes immense planning right now and the two times the stars and the moon aligned so that we could go for this walk - he was much more interested in his trains (though later told us he was scared of the noise so it is a truthful note).
1 comment:
Seriously sometimes I want to just sent a note. "I'm done doing homework...my kid just didn't do it!"
Post a Comment