Friday, December 31, 2010

I Never Dreamt of a White Christmas....



But we had one. 7 inches of one in Greensboro. But it wasn't exactly the plan...

After a big Christmas Eve feast with the grandparents, cookies made and laid out for Santa (carrots for the reindeer) the kiddos went to bed with sugarplums dancing in their heads (or one too many pieces of chocolate pie). The adults turned on the weather channel and it wasn't to track the sleigh.

We still didn't believe that NC would actually get snow on Christmas Day. Until Christmas morning when we decided to open presents quickly, pack up two kids and four adults and hit the road by lunch instead of the next day. If I'm going to get stuck in a snowstorm - I'd much rather be stuck with my mom's pantry than mine. So we drove into the snow.


After listening to traction control kick in on the new truck (Merry Christmas to me!) several times and seeing a car flipped over, we realized that perhaps we should have left after breakfast.

But Johnathan got the one thing he wanted - snow on Christmas. We went sledding, had snowball fights and built a pathetic little snowman. Ben and I were made liars of. We had guaranteed the kid no snow.

No comments: