So we had our own "Snow Day".
We had doughnut snowmen for snack.
We ate fruit reindeer for lunch (a trial run for his preschool snack I had to provide).
We made frozen banana snowmen for after lunch.
We played in a strange gelatin-like substance that started as a powder and when combined with water actually looked like real snow (though didn't feel like it).
We read The Snowy Day.
We watched Frosty the Snowman.
We used coffee filters to cut out snowflakes and tape on the door to simulate falling snowflakes.
We put our dinner in snowman cupcake liners and ate with snowman toothpicks.
By this point - I was amazed myself at how much snowman crap I had around the house and I never even broke out the marshmellows....
And as for Matthew - he's still sleeping a lot so he'll have to enjoy next year's snow day. Though Johnathan is still holding out for the real thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment