


And he scored 2 goals!!! (and almost scored one for the other team but who's counting).

3-year-olds playing a soccer game is a funny thing. Johnathan and one other kid (who has older brothers) really got into it. In fact I think the last time I saw so much pure pleasure and excitement on my son's face was at his last birthday party when the bounce house was set up. No other kid out there smiled and laughed throughout the whole game. In fact, a lot of our team never really wanted to play - they were more interested in the juice boxes. So for Johnathan - that just meant more playing time. A few kids wandered out onto the field and just laid down to take a nap. And one flat out made a break for the parking lot. He was outta there.

And while the other parents tried to coax their kid onto the field, I jumped from my seat cheering as Johnathan took a loose ball and broke away dribbling it all the way down the field and taking a shot. I never thought I could be so on the edge of my seat in a 3-year-old soccer.
No comments:
Post a Comment