Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6 Months Old!




This is my 6-month old wearing a size 12-month shirt and 9-month pants. Enough said.

This month's biggest breakthrough is....you can NAP! And a sleeping baby has changed my life. You had a breakthrough right before I had a breakdown. You've had a lot of transitions this month. Maybe it was one of them, maybe it was the recipe of combining all of them. You've switched to a bottle (I'm now a Costco convert simply on formula alone). You are eating rice cereal, sweet potatoes and bananas. And you've mastered the art of rolling over - significant only because you prefer to sleep on your tummy.

Part of me wonders if the "Back to sleep" campaign is fueled in part by manufactures who sell all the sleep aids for babies like the music boxes, mobiles, sleep positioners and other junk when all they really want is to sleep on their tummies.....but I digress.

This month you really started to play. I now have a toy bag that accompanies us on our outings. And you really like to play with Johnathan and have started interacting with him.

But you are still mellow. Your favorite toy is the world around you. You are a big observer of what's happening. And at about 5 am each morning you replay the events of the day before in your own motorboating language before taking a short nap before getting up for the day.

No comments: