Monday, March 07, 2011

Mom's Weeked Out and Boys Weekend In




For the first time in nearly 4 years, I got on a plane alone. Headed to Las Vegas. For a whirlwind weekend with 4 girlfriends. All mom friends from California who I hadn't seen in 9 months but we picked up as though we'd just had a playdate last week. It was amazing. But one thing is for certain - I'm not as young as I used to be as its taking me a while to recover. Though only sleeping 8 hours total for the whole weekend may have something to do with it.
We ate at amazing restaurants that didn't have trays, meals that came with toys or a single chicken nugget on the menu. We had VIP access to several nightclubs (thanks to a cousin of a cousin or some random connection) that made us feel like we were incredibly important and hip. I danced fully clothed in a swimming pool......I should probably stop here with my stories.
And while I was partying like a rockstar, Ben became a stay at home dad. First order of business was a parade at preschool dressed in a costume of your favorite book character (he's the man in the yellow hat with "monkey" as Curious George). Day 2 was a trip to the aquarium. Ben campaigned hard for the popular vote with the kiddos as every time I called home Johnathan was eating pancakes at a restaurant.He even managed to do the laundry. But he did draw the line at the grocery store. He said he'd do almost anything but he drew the line at taking both kids to the store. And in all honesty - I try to avoid that as well.

No comments: