Yep - I've been on vacation. About 10 days ago my parents came to visit. We spent the first couple days getting them used to the schedule and then Ben and I got the heck out of dodge and headed to Lake Tahoe for our first weekend away and then I stayed mentally checked out until yesterday. We had a few concerns....would he miss us? How would he handle mommy and daddy not being there? Would we miss him? Could Granna and Poppi hold up for 3 days?
The answers: I'm not sure he realized we were gone. We thought about him a little but not much and the grandparents held up just fine (though I think they were happier to see us than the kiddo was).
If you were 15 months old and had someone who let you drink chocolate milkshakes, took you to a train festival, to your favorite park and to the Children's museum AND let you play outside every morning at 7 am - would you miss your mommy?
And if you were the mommy and had a weekend away where you hiked, sailed, ate at a cafe by the water, drank strong margaritas, laid on the beach and read magazines (this was all in the first day) - would you miss your kid?
No comments:
Post a Comment