Thursday, April 02, 2009

No Tears, No Fears


For a couple of weeks now Johnathan has been going to playschool or better known as the daycare at the gym for about an hour a few times a week. The first morning I took him in there, I expected there to be a few tears or some concern on his part as I was leaving him in a room of bigger kids and a complete stranger. He saw the basketballs and the tub of toy cars and yelled goodbye from across the room as he tossed balls into the basket.

The second day, I didn't even get a goodbye....he went straight for the cars. He loves playschool.

Today though, I thought I was going to get my "mommy I miss you and don't go" moment.

As I looked back to wave at him and call out goodbye as I'm walking out the door, (he was already rummaging through the toy cars) I hear "STOP, WAIT". Here it comes. Here are the tears. He doesn't want me to leave. How am I going to handle this. All the things that run through my head as he runs across the room.

He looks at me, turns his head and says, "kiss". Then turns and runs back to the cars. No tears, no fears.

Earlier that morning, as Ben had walked out to work, I had called out to him and reminded him to kiss me (and Johnathan) goodbye as he was walking out the door. Good thing I didn't yell out "butthead" or playschool could have been very different this morning.

No comments: