They predicted highs today in the 100s. And as much as we love our little airconditioner, the best it can do is keep the den at a balmy 82. So we left to go to the beach where it was 20 degrees cooler but warm enough for swimsuits in the water (a rarity).
Had Ben and I gone to this beach as a married childless couple, we probably would have forfeited the $6 entrance fee, packed our chairs and run for the hills because of all the little people. Mostly toddlers. Johnathan was in heaven.
A family with a 2 year old (and more importantly a big dump truck and bulldozer) sat beside us and Johnathan went over to the boy and said, "Hi, I'm John-John" (no we're not calling him that, its how he pronounces his name - do not get any ideas!!!)
Tristin wasn't quite as talkative but apparently the language of trucks is universal and off they went to play. With the tide out, they had plenty of mud and tidal pools to splash in.
For the first time in 2 years, Ben and I both sat in our chairs at the beach, watching our little extrovert entertain himself. Some people get nostalgic about these things, I was trying to decide how much of a People magazine I could have actually read if I had brought one.
No comments:
Post a Comment