Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Cutest Little Skates


I've never oohed and ahhed over cute baby shoes or thought tiny little outfits were just soooo adorable. But when I asked the man at the skate rental counter for size 8 ice skates, for the first time, I thought I had seen the cutest little things ever!

Yep, ice skates. Since we were expecting a washout today and tomorrow, we loaded up and headed north to the Charles Schulz museum to indulge Johnathan's love of Charlie Brown and Snoopy - though I believe Linus is his favorite. It was a special kid weekend and even though we did the pancake breakfast by the Kiwanis Club, walked through the statue gardens, built an origami snoopy doghouse and toured the museum - we had only spent about an hour.

And next door is the ice rink. And it happened to be the one day of the week at the one special time for parents and tots where they let you take chairs onto the ice for balance. Who could say no?

He had a blast. He was so proud of himself and yes, he fell and he hopped right back up. Ben skated (or held onto the chair and pushed) with him while I tried to take pictures.

Unfortunately the only ounce of fat on my entire child is in his massively wide feet so his skates didn't quite fit right and he was a little more unsteady than if he had been in good fitting skates. But he's already asking to go back.

1 comment:

Nathalee said...

I love the Snoopy ice arena! We used to go there all the time! Hope you had fun up in Sonoma County :)