Monday, January 04, 2010

Merry Christmas Part 1: All Aboard


I'm thinking of starting a betting pool called First To Fall. We could bet on what would be the date that the first person will step and bust their tushy on one of the at least 100 miniature-sized wheeled vehicles that now litter our carpet.



It was under control until Christmas when we acquired numerous new cars and the trains. We went from no trains to what rough estimates will put at about 300 wooden pieces of track, 30 trains, 4 bridges, 2 tunnels and a crane - among other pieces. We can run a track around the entire living room and still have leftovers.

My child is in heaven. My husband is happily reliving his childhood. I'm wondering how I'm going to vacuum.

I think there were 6 Christmas' this year (a record) so we'll start with the visit from Santa's elf who arrived just before we left to make an early delivery. And the much anticipated brown dump truck (seen in the first picture in the middle of the orange cones - tossed aside because he thought it was the broken one.)

No comments: