Its been 3 weeks since the big move and about a week since the house purchase. I'm starting to feel like a local and have the bug bites on my legs to prove it and along with it - an actual TAN! We don't have the urge to go spread out on the beach every day (still 2-3 times a week though) but are happy just taking a walk or going to look for the "biggest crab in the world" on the sound side.
I know that between Thursday afternoon and Sunday night you better be going 45 miles an hour coming over the bridge cause the cop likes to sit hidden at the bottom. I know that you drive in the right lane coming into town until you pass Subway or you will get stuck behind someone turning left. Unless you are out of a major essential, you do not go to the grocery store on the weekend beginning at noon on Friday. I also know that the popular shrimp person is at the BP station on the way in. She runs out first before any of the others and she's cheap. I know that the produce stand changes its sign on Fridays from fresh produce to boiled peanuts.
And you better be nice...I had forgotten how nice people were down here. I've had more doors opened for me in 3 weeks than in 3 years. I've had people pull buggys out at Walmart who weren't greeters. When Johnathan soaked his shorts in a puddle at the farmers market this morning and announced he needed a paper towel, a man magically appeared out of no where with a paper towel.
We're starting to explore the local kid friendly places around town not on the beach and many of our mornings are spent on the porch before it gets too hot playing in my ghetto water table - a rubbermaid sweater box on top of a table that was outside. Kid loves it.
No comments:
Post a Comment