Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Camp


Is it wrong that as I dropped the kiddo off at his first day of half-day preschool camp today, I was gleeful rather than sniffling?

And apparently he was ready to get rid of me too. Since he was the only kid who had not been to camp yet or to preschool there I was the only parent to walk him into the playground and introduce him to the teachers. He became upset as I walked him in, letting me know that the other mommies had already left and he was ready for me to go. He went up to the teacher, dropped his backpack, gave her his name and was already across the playground before I had introduced myself. I didn't even say goodbye.

Last night we had prepped him at dinner letting him know how things were going to go. I informed him that he would be going without me. He grew very concerned and told Ben and I that he couldn't go by himself because he couldn't drive the car. Once I offered to drive him there he was very excited.

As for how things went, according to Johnathan all of the kids were nice except for the boy who wouldn't share the train table which made Johnathan upset. He got a sticker for being quiet (shocking!!!). He apparently ate some of his art project - which was gluing cereal onto a picture of a dinosaur. He liked the swings the best. They read 1 story. And he was "all sweaty".

As for me, I had done all my errands by 10:30 and found myself with an hour and a half to kill. Not long enough to go back home. So I furniture shopped (made a wishlist). I LOVE PRESCHOOL!

No comments: