Since we celebrated 10 months old with hot steamy showers, humidifiers and nasal drops and our first bad fever, I find it fitting to describe what the kiddo is like when he's sick.
He is the opposite of everything he normally is. He wants to be cuddled and held at all times and refuses to be put down. If he's feeling very badly, my normally perfect sleeper refuses to sleep alone in his crib - rather preferring to sleep attached to me in the Bjorn on my stomach (that was the only way any of us were sleeping that night).
When he is sick, he likes cartoons (I'm sure he'd like them when he was well too if we watched them) and is a big fan of something I recorded months ago on HBO called Classical Baby. This week we've also become fans of Curious George and Dragon Tales - though I've found I like Word World. I now believe PBS is the most wonderful thing!
He refuses to eat anything, including his bottle. My usual kid can be picky when things are presented on a spoon but lately he will eat anything he can pick up - especially fruit - and guzzles his bottles. But when sick getting even liquids are an issue. The only way to get him to drink was to pour it into a grownup cup and pretend to drink it myself. I managed to get him to drink about a 1/2 cup of gatorade mixed with water.
He's not too cranky and is still my good kid just a lot slower paced who naps all the time. Reminds me of when he was born.
I learned I'm a sucker for a sick kid and will basically give in to any demands to be held, cuddled, rocked etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment