I was skeptical. I mean the kid is only 10 months old. There is no way he is going to "get it". But I had to do nothing but show up and bring the kid and it offered an afternoon out among other adults and he could play with the other kids. Who was I to say no...and that is how Johnathan ended up at his first Easter Egg Hunt. But I didn't bring an Easter basket...oops.
When it came time to hunt the eggs, I turned him loose in the grass. He looked around, spotted the first egg and was off...grabbed it and handed it to me (that's where that basket would have come in handy). And we were off for the next egg. When I ran out of hands to hold the eggs, he held them in his hand while he crawled. I'm not exaggerating. It was hilarious!
This morning the Easter bunny came after his first nap (the Easter bunny made a late arrival as it was her day to sleep in). And he immediately knew that the basket on the table was for him. Nothing but balls, big balls, little balls etc. His face was sheer joy. And his jaw dropped open. The Easter bunny's helper also hid balls all over the backyard. A very exciting morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment