WARNING: The story I'm about to tell is based on actual events and is not fictionalized in any way. It contains episodes of overt bragging.
I have the most amazingly adaptable kid - moreso than most adults. It's been a crazy couple of weeks and it's not quite over yet.
We left two weeks ago for Florida to visit relatives - our first solo flight together. We got lucky and got a whole row to ourselves, which left plenty of room to play peek a boo and stretch out. He slept a little and played a little and ate a lot and then we landed. Granna and Poppi met him with a balloon which he played with the entire 6 hour drive down and back up. When we got to the condo, he slept soundly every night and through his naps. I could not have asked for a better kid. The trip back was even better. He slept for 2/3 of it and I watched Law and Order on the in-seat video monitors (for 3 hours).
If Luvs diapers had held up their end of the bargain with their no leak guarantee, it would have been a perfect trip. But with 2.45 hours left in the second flight, I felt the first trickle down my leg and by the time we met Ben at the airport I was soaked as was he. He didn't seem to notice, so who am I to wake up a sleeping kid for a diaper change. But good grief he pees a lot!
We got home to a sick daddy with a raging ear infection. So we stayed out of his way this week and made our first trip to the zoo on Wednesday. Since dad was feeling better and headed back to work, we hosted out first playdate on Thursday but by Thursday night the kiddo's cold had set in and Friday morning we were nursing a high fever. After lots of liquids and cartoons, his fever broke around midnight on Friday.
All he wanted last night was to be held but after being up the past 3 nights with Ben and the kiddo coughing, all I wanted was to sleep. So after he woke up and refused to go back to sleep unless he was held, we tried for the first time to lay him down between us. I'm a sucker for a sick kid. It lasted all of 45 minutes until he fully realized where he was and wanted to climb and play and oddly enough - look out the window. But it had calmed enough where he would sleep in his own bed. Thank goodness!
I think that catches us up on the past two weeks and I can get back to regularly scheduled blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment