Last week I was preparing for Johnathan's upcoming 18-month appointment and read over the survey that I have to fill out before arrival. One question read: Does your child say 8 words other than mama (or mimi in my case) and dada? I knew he did....but how many words and sounds does he make. So I started making a list (it was a rather boring week). He says 52 to be exact. Some are very clear, like "thank you". Others are less clear but we get their meaning like "moo" is milk and "mo" is water. My favorite is thank you and the one that I can't stand is "cracker". He could be the spokesman for Ritz.
Words include:
Moo (milk), nana (banana), toast, thank you, please, uh-oh, cracker, chicken, apple, pineapple, blueberry, blue, green, yellow, cheese, car, plane, gone, done, baby, spoon, no, doggie, turkey, more, bubble, chew, bite, color, peek-a-boo, dance, you-hoo, two, three, balloon, dip, hey, tree, crash, shoe, football, touchdown, bagel, night-night, moon, "there it is!", ba-poo (diaper) and Ella (a friend of his).
Sounds include:
zoom, , woo-woo (for a police car/ambulance), ah ah ah (for a monkey), moo (not to be confused with milk), woof, neigh (sounds like ne, ne), cheep-cheep, cluck, baa, ribbit, quack, and beep-beep
So you could say according to this my kid eats a lot, likes to read books about animals, play outside, visit the grocery store that give out the balloons and watches football with daddy on Sunday.
But he definitely is just like his mommy - the original mouth of the south.
No comments:
Post a Comment