What started out to be a week full of playdates and fun outings, primarily to keep my mind off the upcoming sleepless night (aka red-eye flight) turned into a week of quarantine, lots of cartoons, box of tissues and humidifier. I blame the kid with the cough at Tiny Tots whose grandmother just said "he's fine" as I steered Johnathan in the other direction and gave her the look that said "lady - I don't want your sick kid around mine".
Today Johnathan and I had had enough and decided to take ourselves out for a walk and lunch (ok - we walked the mall and ate in the food court - and thanks to the recession, we had the place to ourselves).
But then we spotted Santa. And Johnathan looked at Santa in a way I will never forget. Suddenly this man in the books we read and the toys we have was real and he was meeting him in person. Since there was no one in line (a perk of being a stay-at-home-mom) we walked up to Santa to say hi. He wouldn't sit on his lap but took the free coloring book and thought it was the greatest gift ever (I could have saved a lot of money).
But when we got home, after about a half an hour, the kiddo went over to the stuffed Santa and said "Santa, eat" and raced off to the kitchen. I was intrigued so I followed. The following represents a true story.
Johnathan strapped Santa into his booster seat by himself. He then went over to his drawer and pulled out Santa a plate, bowl and cup. And then, looked up at me and said "food". Apparently Santa was hungry. I asked Johnathan what Santa wanted to eat and apparently Santa and Johnathan have similiar tastes as Santa requested a Ritz cracker. I placed the Ritz on the plate and Johnathan tried to feed Santa. When Santa refused, Johnathan grabbed the cracker and headed out of the kitchen.
I didn't want to interrupt this game by finding the camera so I took the picture after he ran out munching on the cracker. The other photo represents Johnathan's second favorite activity from this long, cold, rainy, stuck-indoors week....the boxes from our Christmas shopping. Amazon could make a fortune selling empty boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment