It was a simple mission...go to the toy aisle at Babies R Us, find a toy that attaches to his infant seat that was red, small and something that would swing back and forth that he could bat at. This was really the first "toy" that we've purchased for Johnathan aside from bouncy seats and floor gyms. To say Ben and I were overwhelmed at the toy aisle when I was pregnant is an understatement.
But what I found comical was the classification of toys, "thinking toy", "learning toy", "creative toy". So I wondered in my amused state... if I gave Johnathan mostly creative toys, would he end up at Julliard? If he only had thinking toys would he go to Stanford? Do two thinking toys plus one learning toy equal straight As?
We ended up with a small red crab. I have high hopes for this little crustacean - at least 5 minutes worth of distraction on the long cross country flight. I think that's all I can ask for at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment