Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Objects of My Affection

Today as I was rushing out the door to meet another mom for a walk, I grabbed my shoes and found the laces in knots. That tends to be what happens when a small child grabs the laces and pulls and pulls and pulls. The kiddo thinks that shoes are the most fascinating things and he prefers ones with laces. Once we got him to stop licking the soles, we caved when he wanted to chew the laces. This could all be alleviated if Ben and I would put our shoes in the closet.

He also loves balls or anything that can be perceived as a ball (such as rolled up socks). We have plastic balls, rubber balls, cloth balls and his favorite wooden balls. He holds them up as high as he can and drops them down. And he's finally figured out how to play with me. He 'throws' them to me and I throw them back. Balls have replaced blocks.

And the TV remote. GOT TO GET TO THE TV REMOTE is his mantra. This weekend the little sneak started at the opposite end of the couch and walked its length. While I was doing my best impression of a cheerleader to egg on this walking he grabs the remote off the couch. Where he went wrong is that he held it up victoriously, I which time I snatched it away. Our TV remote can now be found stuffed in the couch cushions (on purpose).

No comments: