Both last year and this year, beginning on Memorial Day weekend, we closely watch the weather and wait for that one cool weekend in the south bay and head to Gilroy Gardens: A small theme park for the under-5 set and where a 2-year old can ride nearly everything. If you wait too long, it's just too hot and miserable to go.
This year, yesterday was slated to be a nice 74 degrees. We knew it was cool when we left but we headed out in shorts anyway because, it's Gilroy and it's one of the few places that always gets hot fast and where 74 feels like 84.
WRONG!
We froze our tushies off at a cool 55 sunless degrees and traded in ice cream for hot chocolate. Johnathan had the emergency jacket that I keep in the truck but Ben and I grinned and beared it.
We had a blast. It was the first time we let Johnathan ride by himself on some of the kiddie rides and he loved it. And he was even patient (yes, a word I don't use often) enough to wait in a rather long line for the backcountry car ride (though it was the only line of the day).
And today he's catching up on his nap. Ben is at the movies watching Star Trek and I'm holding down the fort. A good fun weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment