Wednesday, August 15, 2007

30 Minute Man

In the ongoing saga of the nap wars, round 2 goes to Johnathan....

The much revered, will always work no matter what, swing, is out. He doesn't associate swinging with napping anymore. Just the crib (which has only worked in the morning before) and the stroller. I can't walk 4 hours a day.

I can get him to take a good morning nap and then short 30 minute naplets the rest of the day. Not 29 minutes and not 31 minutes....30 minutes on the dot. What kind of timer does the kid have in him?

You're thinking to yourself, maybe the kid's not tired. He'll sleep when he needs to sleep. Not true! He will resist! He will have sleepy eyes and become cranky. Apparently, I'm a fascinating person to a 3 month old and he wishes to spend time with me.

That's great and I love him too, but I really love naps of at least an hour!

No comments: