Whoever coined the term "playdate" hit the nail on the head. Meeting other moms is just like dating.
So far, I've been spoiled. I never really had to date. The anticipation of asking someone out, wondering if you're moving too fast. Pondering if they are just humoring your choice of location.
I've had the same group of friends since I was 11 years old and we all know who I married. I halfheartedly attempted to meet people when we moved to CA but gave up when I kept having to skip things and cancel because of work and travel.
But now, I'm dating again. It's time. And it's hard.
I've been group dating (ie: playgroup) for a few weeks now but tomorrow, kiddo and I have our first real date. We're going to a far off park to walk and for a picnic.
We'll see if there is a second date....
No comments:
Post a Comment