Well, actually just one rollin....
I don't know if he lost his balance or pushed off of me somehow, but one minute Johnathan was on his tummy and the next he was on his back.
Now this change of scenery wasn't in the direction he was expecting (nor was I). For about two weeks, the kid has been determined to roll from back to front and has spent every waking moment on the floor and in his crib in his attempts. He throws both legs in the air only to have them come down in a large thump. At the rate he trains, he's going to have a 6-pack for abs by his 6 month mark.
Once, he made it onto his side - of course it was while I was out of the room. But this today, this was a big achievement, of course we couldn't replicate it when daddy got home (or when I ran for the camera with the dead battery).
In other big boy news, he has been anti-nap for a few days. I blamed it on the noise at the never ending construction at the house next door but then today they were silent and I ran out of excuses. So, we nap trained (or cried it out). 10 minutes felt like 10 hours. I (thankfully) am not a mother who is accustomed to a crying child. Ironically enough, daddy called during the "resistance" and said he was getting upset just listening to it over the phone. But it worked and an hour and a half later I got a happy child.
But one thing I learned....don't leave the baby monitor on and turned up loud in front of an open window while letting the kid cry it out. I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment