Don't get nervous, Ben and I are still on speaking terms - the blue line in the carpet is not a dividing line for sides or for possessions. It's my latest attempt at afternoon sanity.
I love my son. I love to play with my son. But about 30 or so matchbox cars are driving me to the edge. All day long he repeats the following: "Mimi, play cars with me". Even when I actually AM playing cars with him, I hear it. Sometimes, apparently, I'm just not doing it the right way.
We have buckets of toys and he only plays with his small matchbox cars or other toys that can be used with the cars to resemble gas stations and car washes and places to get tires changed. He's not picky, most either came as part of a Happy Meal or Cinnamon Toast Crunch box, though the official Cars racing crew are his favorites right now.
They now have names so not only am I having to remember where I last saw that little black car but it's name is now Crew and I have to remember that.
So yesterday after literally running out of ideas and tired of racing them and honestly quite bored with the cars, I decided they needed a promotional photo shoot. 9 years of marketing experience has prepared me for this day. He oddly really got into it.
And then today they got their own road, it wasn't for Johnathan. I needed some other way to play. The parking lot at the end is his favorite.
I shouldn't complain. It is better than Barbie.
No comments:
Post a Comment