In a brief departure from Johnathan-related stories, I bring you a snapshot of the adult's lives...
This weekend we're throwing a farewell BBQ for Ben's group at work as they disband and go off to different areas of the company. It's an interesting mix of people, one couple is from Italy and the other couple is Indian. Since "southern" is a regional specialty around here, I decided I'd cook what I know best - a traditional Southern spread.
But more than any other meal I've cooked, this one keeps getting more challenging. Because, as a true Southern woman, I was raised that you make sure your guests feel welcome in your home. If they like Coke you get coke, if they drink only tea, you serve tea.
It's got to be family friendly - and heck, my son barely eats dinner as it is. One family doesn't eat pork. Do you have any idea how much pork is used in a typical southern meal? I would have normally cooked Pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad with bacon and baked beans.....yeah.
And the kicker....Ben informs me yesterday that one of the women is vegetarian and we're not sure about the kids. I know very few southern vegetarians.
No comments:
Post a Comment