Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Smiles!

The last time Johnathan went to the doctor, when the nurse opened the door to invite him back, he turned around and ran so fast he was nearly out the automatic doors by the time I caught him.

So, I've been putting off the first dentist trip for a while. But it was time.

It just so happened that Ben had a visit on Saturday and we talked it up like going to the dentist is like going to Disney - no easy feat since Ben loathes going to the dentist. But we showed Johnathan the cool bag of loot daddy got and talked all about the fun chair that went up and down and we were ready.

I had done my homework too. I wanted a truly pediatric dentist. None of this family stuff. When Johnathan walked in and saw what I refer to as the Tower of Germs, he was hooked (the matchbox car in the toy box at the end was the clincher). It was a contraption with a slide, mirrors, tunnels and things to slide and push and pull and a 6 year old boy in there waiting as well.

Then we went to see the dentist - we thought it may just be an initial check but they did a full cleaning including x-rays, floss and scraping! When we smelled the polish for his teeth (we got to touch and feel everything before hand), I told him I thought it smelled like candy. So he tried to lick it off the polisher.

Aside from biting the dentist (on accident) he did amazing. No tears not even a whimper. The only time he got upset was when we went back out to the waiting room while they developed the Xrays and the boy wasn't there to play with anymore.

When Ben got home, Johnathan ran to him and said look at my pretty mouth.

No comments: