Sunday, August 02, 2009

ReDecorating - A Cage Free Room

Our end of summer deadline is rapidly approaching. This summer's to do list include turning two, potty training and big boy bed. We've checked off the first two. And after hearing an increasing number of thuds and thumps over the baby monitor over the course of the past few weeks, we've decided Johnathan has outgrown his crib. It is time to set him free. No more containment cage (I mean crib).

We took him shopping for his big boy bed this weekend and the new twin mattress arrives on Thursday. We kept it simple - mattress only for the time being till we figure out what we want despite the fact that he climbed to the top of every set of bunk beds and then declared it too high and too scary while we were waiting.

I'm now searching for a comforter for the kiddo that doesn't have pink on it. Doesn't have some form of Disney character on it and that will look good in a pale green room and isn't so pricey that when he has an accident I don't cringe. Harder than it looks. I'm compromising on the sheets - one set of Cars and one set of Thomas.

More to come.

No comments: